Primary Sources: First Grade Kit (Spanish)
Choose Other Level/Topic
- Item: 111612
- ISBN: 9780743915236
- Language: Spanish
Build social studies content-area literacy in history, civics, economics, and government by integrating primary sources into the classroom! This Spanish kit uses original documents, maps, pamphlets, advertisements, photographs, and other authentic, engaging resources to capture students' curiosity about the past and promote critical thinking as they analyze past events.
First grade students will learn to "think like historians" as they delve into the following topics: American words and symbols; voting; how people live; schools then and now; diverse communities; goods and services; and more. Bring social studies topics to life with this comprehensive, grade-level kit that is aligned to state and national standards.
If this product is not found on Famis, please contact our customer support team at 800.858.7339.*
Series highlights include:
- 8 Photo Cards
- 8 Primary Sources
- Teacher's Guide with easy-to-use lessons and document-based assessments
- Digital Resources
8 Photo Cards
Make social studies content accessible and engaging to students with the photo cards in each Primary Sources kit. Each photo card has four general areas on the back for teacher and student use.
The top of the card has a brief Historical Background Information section. Along the left side of the card is the Analyzing History section. This includes questions and activities designed to make students analyze what they see and learn.
In the Historical Writing section, students are given two writing assignments, one fiction and one nonfiction. Finally, the History Challenge section offers fun extension ideas for students.
Primary Source Cards
- Provide historical context and detailed, historical background information for teachers and students
- Focus on inquiry and analysis
- Include questions and activities designed to help students analyze what they see and learn
- Extend the learning experience through focused writing activities
Primary Source Reproductions
- Provide a deeper and more comprehensive view of historical events
- Give students an opportunity to participate in the constructive process of history
- Facilitate opportunities to study multiple perspectives, determine validity of sources, look at current issues through a historical lens, and compare and contrast information
Give teachers the tools to breathe life into history. The Teacher's Guide provides extensive details about each component in the kit. Lesson plans are organized with objectives, materials, discussion questions, suggestions for using the primary sources, and extension ideas. Historical background pages are provided to give teachers and students information about each of the primary sources being studied.
- Digital copies of all photographs and primary sources
- Bonus photographs and primary sources
- Student reproducibles
Correlations to National, State, and Province Standards
Primary Sources WIDA Correlations